Reporting to the Manager, the Senior Business Analyst will lead business analysis services in support of enterprise-wide projects leveraging a combination of Agile and Waterfall analysis aligned methodologies. As the successful candidate you will consult with internal stakeholders using best practice methods, tools and techniques to understand needs and requirements, evaluate operating methods and technological options, identify and analyze process gaps, risks and root causes, and translate business needs into solution requirements. You will conduct business process analysis at a detailed level while working collaboratively with internal and external business experts to recommend innovative solutions and advice on process improvements to enable business change. You will also help coordinate business and technical resources and/or business analysis team resources to capture solution requirements.
As an experienced Business analyst with vast knowledge of agile methodologies, you will support the development of agile framework by translating industry standard methodologies into recommendations and provide coaching and guidance to project teams. You will participate in the development of project business cases using organizational standards for project gating and fiscal approvals by developing and presenting options, recommendations, cost benefits and implementation risks. Leveraging and promoting the use of best practice business intelligence analysis, discovery, and visualization and reporting tools, you will maintain documentation pertaining to business process models within the overall enterprise architecture blueprint. You will also provide practice support to internal team and project members.
• Closely work with application developers to translate business requirements into technical language and validate requirements once developed
• Analyze, capture and document all the business and system requirements and su
• Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies and the delivery and practical application of related tools and techniques.
• University education in Computer, Data or Information Sciences, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience including increasingly responsible experience in business analysis.
• In-depth Knowledge of business analysis skills with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Expert in Business Analysis methodology (IIBA or PMI) and the application of related tools and techniques.
• An advanced understanding of MS Excel and Visio is required. Experience with data visualization tools/suites (such as Tableau or Power BI), requirements management solutions and, working knowledge of Agile coordination tools (such as Jira and Confluence is a must have.
• Knowledge of MS SharePoint or similar collaboration tools with ability to design and maintain structured and secured shared folders, including automating processes around these, where applicable
• Ability to evaluate environment(s), interpret requirements, conceptualize and develop recommendations to enable stakeholder-acceptable business processes.
• Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills to research and identify issues, challenges, root causes and opportunities, and to propose effective solutions for improvement.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide advice and guidance and present information clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization, including executives.
• Strong client focus including excellent interpersonal and client relationship management skills to build strong relationships with client groups to coach, facilitate, consult and negotiate with internal stakeholders and peers